Saturday, February 2, 2013

02.02.13

Third Entry
02.02.13

"Spinning at the turning point"

The functions we perform on DrRacket are getting more and more complicated and interesting. The timer.rkt seemed like a revolution for me. Frankly, I was waiting to learn about more "cool" things I expected to learn in a computer science course: for example, making a simulation like a moving stick man.

In Thursday's lecture, we learned to make a clock with a picture of a barracuda as a clock hand. I once again smiled at Professor Heap's humor for thinking of a barracuda for a long and thin object that is like a clock hand. In fact, the commands for the timer was fairly confusing at the time in the lecture, so the humor of fish eased the tension for me.

I did review the lecture notes and tried out the command myself at home, but the quiz was indeed a little more challenging than the last two quizzes. I understand since the material for this week was more complicated anyways. Also, I was happy to see that I have been doing well so far in the quizzes. Hope I can continue this kind of result throughout the course. 

I wonder if I can make it snow in DrRacket...


No comments:

Post a Comment