Friday, March 29, 2013

13.03.29

13.03.29
Tenth Entry

"I see the boat coming"

Starting this course was like going to an island with no one living on it. It somehow felt like a huge leap to try studying something that I normally am not interested in. This week I felt like the material we learn in lectures, both in DrRacket codes and history of computing, have matured very much. On one hand it is simply getting more and more difficult. On the other hand, the application of earlier basic materials are slowly being advanced into applications and historical interpretations.

I especially enjoyed the Thursday's lecture about pros and cons of computing and how much the development of assembly line and thus convenient ways of production and storing data has affected our life. I wish that I will have the courage to present my opinions more in lectures since not many people come anyways and the class feels like a seminar course.

No comments:

Post a Comment